Why Choose Melbourne Sports Podiatry for your Kids?
Your kids as well as many other kids during their developmental years will go through similar injuries, pains and problems. However not all children grow and develop at the same rate or in the same way. This makes it tricky as a parent to know when pain is a problem or merely just a developmental change.
Our job at Melbourne Sports Podiatry is to help parents with 4 very specific areas or concerns.
- Looking at whether your child is at risk of a foot, knee or hip issue in the future due to flat or unstable feet.
- Assess growing pains – which is pain developed as a result of the growth plate not fusing with the bone. Commonly seen in the heel and below the knee cap between the ages of 7-14.
- Provide strength, balance and walking training when a child needs to change their biomechanics due to poor movement patterns.
- Help parents save money by providing a clear footwear blueprint so they can spend appropriately on the right shoe
Melbourne Sports Podiatry provides a tailored foot and ankle service that focuses and works specifically with the below:
Common Injuries or concerns that we often see at Melbourne Sports Podiatry include:
- Knock Knees - Genu Valgum
- Bow Legs - Genu Varum
- In + Out Toeing when walking
- Curly Toes
- Flat Feet and High arches
- Type 1 and 2 Growing Pains
- Juvenile Arthritis
- Ankle instability
- Ball of toe pain
- Leg and Hip Pain
- Heel Pain
- Hand, Foot and Mouth disease
- Ingrown Toenails
- Tarsal Coalition
- Neurological conditions affecting the feet - CP, Autism
- Early-stage bunions
At Melbourne Sports Podiatry we provide a clear and simple plan for kids, parents and any other associated health professionals involved with your child. Starting with a basic check-up which includes an assessment on walking technique, school shoes and mobility. Melbourne Sports Podiatry ensures we establish a baseline level so it is easier to re-evaluate as your child gets older.