Treatment of Soccer Podiatry related issues
Whether you’re a defender, midfielder or forward, soccer is renowned to require quick feet, agility, speed and endurance. Furthermore with a common need to feel quality touch during play we are aware at Melbourne Sports Podiatry of the necessity to work alongside having a tighter fitting, lighter-weighted football boots.
On top of this for our junior soccer players who are either growing rapidly or increasing their amount of training days, it’s common to see recurring foot and ankle injuries. This may be due to training at match intensity and trying to impress or simply because they don’t have the right support and program to balance workload and a growing body.
Common injuries seen in our Junior and Adolescent Soccer Players
- Osgoods Schlatters - Growing pain in the knee
- Sinding Larsen Johansson Syndrome - Growing pain in the knee
- Severs disease - Growing pain in the heel
- Shin Splints - Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome
- Ankle Sprain and Fractures
- Jumpers Knee - Patella Tendonopathy
Common injuries seen in our Senior Soccers Players
Prevention and Treatment
If you are in pain now or simply want to look at ways to prevent injury there is never a better time than now to have your body, training loads and football boots looked at.
All assessments are 30 minutes and 45 minutes for those patients who have had chronic or resilient problems that have been untreatable so to speak over a long time.
Common Methodology behind Treatments
Our methodology at Melbourne Sports Podiatry is simple but deliberate. Although all treatments are tailored based on the individual the way we find out how to best work you and our other patients come from the following process:
- Assess specific movement patterns based on the sport
- Assess structures between the lower back and feet
- Identify where the problem is stemming from
- Identify limitations or energy leaks
- Treat on the day and Plan ahead.
Common Treatments we use on the first appointment include
- Sports specific strapping and padding
- Footwear assessment
- Soft or Deep Tissue release
- Lower limb Dry Needling
- Balance and Strength Programming
- Running Analysis and Re-training
- PNF stretching and Joint Mobilisation
- In shoe wedging and modifications
Other Treatments we use include:
- Sports specific customised orthotics
- Kids only orthotics
- Joint adjustments
- Advanced Foot and Ankle rehabilitation