Long gone are the days of just using the RICE protocol for all new injuries. To promote faster healing with inflammation, strains and tears, new techniques have been adopted within sports medicine over the last decade to balance the correct amount of rest with the correct amount of treatment and active recovery. So rather than waiting too long for treatment of acute foot pain or lower leg pain, get help from a Melbourne sports podiatrist today.
Our Sports Podiatry service encompasses analysis of your current training loads, medical history, posture and body alignment to give you a clearer picture of where your body is now and where it needs to be to achieve your desired goal – whether it be based on treating pain or returning to activity quickly.
Melbourne Sports Podiatry assesses all acute foot pain and lower leg pain including:
- Lower leg, ankle and foot pain
- Shin splints and Calf Strains
- Pronation and instability
- Plantar Fascia Pain
- Heel and Arch Pain
- Achilles Tendonitis and Tendonopathy
- Fracture management and Rehabilitation
- Muscular tightness, weakness or cramping
- Shooting pains and pins and needles in your feet and legs
- Poor biomechanics and running technique
- Acute inflammation
At Melbourne Sports Podiatry we use a number of treatment options for acute foot pain and other issues. By a mixture of both conservative and non-conservative measures, we ensure that you the patient are receiving the best available option for the condition or problem you present with.
Common treatment options include:
- Functional tissue release
- Deep tissue release
- Strapping and bracing
- Modified exercises
- Exercise re-programming
- Dry Needling
- Padding and insole modifications
- Adjustments to the foot
- Moon boot or Spring Plate (NEW option!)
- Metatarsal domes and wedges
Remember that postponing the visit means risking a delay in healing. What’s more, lower back and leg pain are often related.